Sick (fit) notes

Sickness Certificates

For the first seven days of illness or inability to work, you should complete a self certification form which is available  from your employer or on the HMRC website.

After this period, a medical certificate, or “Fit Note”, from your doctor will be required. Following a hospital admission or procedure the hospital doctor should provide you with a sick note if required.

The easiest way to request a sick note is to use eConsult, or telephone the practice.